Re: More on moving #gnustep and co away from Freenode

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: More on moving #gnustep and co away from Freenode
Date: 24 Feb 2005 02:40:09 GMT

Robert Burns <altivec87@cox.net> wrote:
> Just wanted to say that I am totally against moving away from Freenode.
> It's still a very well-run network, in spite of lilo's occasional bullshit.

How are you judging well-run? Netsplits, oper abuse and needless
incompatibility seem pretty common on freenode, which is why I don't
go there so much any more. They've also had a few dangerous bugs in
their codebase in the past.

Do you object to any of the other suggested networks in particular,
or the idea of change in general?