Re: More on moving #gnustep and co away from Freenode

From: Robert Burns
Subject: Re: More on moving #gnustep and co away from Freenode
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:27:02 -0600

MJ Ray wrote:

Robert Burns <altivec87@cox.net> wrote:
Just wanted to say that I am totally against moving away from Freenode. It's still a very well-run network, in spite of lilo's occasional bullshit.

How are you judging well-run?
All I know is that whenever I log onto Freenode, I never experience any situations that prevent me from effectively using the network.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. What we have does the job just fine - why move away for ideological reasons? That's just silly when you're trying to get any kind of serious work done.

Do you object to any of the other suggested networks in particular,
or the idea of change in general?
I don't like the idea of change in general. It's bound to hurt the volume of traffic in the channel.

Robert