Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Austin Clow
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:03:52 -0500

The real daunting task is not the missing stuff (I can supplement or remove to accommodate), for me it has always getting the builds up-to-date, but then giving up from an error and stuff that I actually do not understand. I wish there was a main GNUstep distribution (say built on FreeBSD) with an installer and an updater, under which everything must always work first (so developers have a stable environment).

I have an IDE/App development program that I am one day going to release, it is proprietary, and it has its own programming language, but it was always intended for both GNUstep and OS X, but I doubt I will ever release it for GNUstep until something more stable appears. I did at one point have it mostly running on GNUstep, and it was pretty cool seeing that happen. I had to dumb-down the code-editor because of lack of some scripting additions that I used, but that was okay. I also was able to identify some bugs and I reported them.