Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 10:54:32 +0100

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:02 CET, "Graham Lee" <graham@iamleeg.com>
wrote:

> > On 23 Nov 2013, at 08:47, "Gregory Casamento" <greg.casamento@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Are there any dissenting opinions to changing the default look?
>
> Not from me :). I can't decide whether I'd prefer to see something unique to
> GNUstep to stand out (which would have to be VERY good for outsiders to
> appreciate it), or something that deliberately follows other desktop
> platforms to say that GNUstep is a better way to build standard, familiar
> desktop applications that anyone can use.
>
> But either would be better than what we have now. I like NeXT, but its time
> is passed.

I never had a NeXT, so there are no warm memories to it ;)
I used GNUstep apps for a long time without fiddling around with the Interface,
or Themese.
But since quite some time, I for example switched to the
NSMenuInterfaceStyle NSMacintoshInterfaceStyle, combined with the SilverTheme
from German.

It took me a little while to get use to the menu on top, but after that, I
really like it, and won't miss it.
Also the Silver theme is not changing that much, but just makes things look a
little bit nicer.

Just my opinion, others may have other preferences. But in general, I'm all for
changing the default
look, keeping the possibility to switch back to NeXT style for the people
living in the past ;)

cheers,
Sebastian