Re: Cacao Linux - GNUstep based Linux distribution

From: Sergii Stoian
Subject: Re: Cacao Linux - GNUstep based Linux distribution
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:50:37 +0300

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 6:30 PM Xavier Brochard <xavier@alternatif.org> wrote:
Le mercredi 24 octobre 2018, 13:53:52 CEST Liam Proven a écrit :
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 00:47, Sergii Stoian <stoyan255@gmail.com> wrote:
> > And it is great. I have Ubuntu installed aside of CentOS on my laptop.
> > Sometimes Ubuntu losts WiFi, CentOS - never! I like it. I don't need to
> > spend days trying to understand why my application behaves wrong after
> > system package updates.
> Hmmmm. Interesting.
>
> To be fair, I hear things like this a lot from RH advocates.
> Personally, when I tried RH, both when I worked there and privately, I
> find it far less reliable than Ubuntu. Stuff doesn't work, needs
> manual tweaking, or needs 3rd party drivers which RH don't make
> available as they aren't FOSS.
>
> It's just one of those things. Factionalism, which always makes me sad.

RHEL, and thus Centos, is rock solid once configured. And supported for 15
years (yes, more than Windows). Sergii is right here, it is a great platfom
for developping and testing a desktop.
True. With NEXTSPACE I want to create tools for users to make configuration changes.
--
Librement,
Xavier Brochard