Re: [DotGNU]Licensing question.

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Licensing question.
Date: 16 Oct 2004 15:13:53 -0500

"Raven" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've written a toolkit/framework and an application based on that
> framework. Both are written in C#. They use .NET services like
> "System.Drawing", "System.Windows.Forms" etc.
>
> 3. My question is: if I use DotGNU to make my toolkit/framework and
> my application work under Linux, do they fall in the category of the
> above-mentioned "independent module" ?? Can I freely use dotGNU to
> adapt {Windows/.NET closed-source, commercial applications} to run
> under Linux??? Are there any limitations??
>
> Answer to this question is very important for me and my development
> team... so please give a reply or redirect me to another place where
> I could ask my question.

The simplest answer is: consider that what you can legally do with
DotGNU Portable .NET is a superset of what you can legally do with
MS.NET.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

Nouvelle cuisine, n.:
        French for "not enough food".

Continental breakfast, n.:
        English for "not enough food".

Tapas, n.:
        Spanish for "not enough food".

Dim Sum, n.:
        Chinese for more food than you've ever seen in your entire life.

MD5 Mafia embassy USCOI nitrate Honduras class struggle Verisign
e-cash JPL blackjack undercover NWO Mole bce