Re: [DotGNU]Licensing question.

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Licensing question.
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:32:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

My 2 cents too ...

> I've written a toolkit/framework and an application
> based on that framework. Both are written in C#.
> They use .NET services like "System.Drawing",
> "System.Windows.Forms" etc.

Since they run on .NET as well - they are independant
of Portable.net as such :).

> 3. My question is: if I use DotGNU to make my
> toolkit/framework and my application work under
> Linux, do they fall in the category of the
> above-mentioned "independent module" ?? Can I freely
> use dotGNU to adapt {Windows/.NET closed-source,
> commercial applications} to run under Linux??? Are
> there any limitations??

Limitations are pretty clear - if you need to make
changes to DotGNU adapt commercial applications ,
those changes have to be made available to anyone
who recieves the modified binary (which means, if
*I* don't get a binary, I can't ask for source
either).

> Answer to this question is very important for me and
> my development team...

Hmm.. this is the same license Kaffe/Classpath uses .
Shouldn't be a problem at all ...

Gopal