[Duplicity-talk] Re: Re: First restore failing

From: Thorsten Kampe
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Re: First restore failing
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:15:46 -0000

* Peter Schuller (Sun, 2 Mar 2008 17:00:19 +0100)
> > I'm not so sure about that. I googled for the error and there were
> > issues last may with the tar.py(?) file and Python 2.5 (regardless of
> > the backend) because of "nulls". There were patches for that in some
> > distribution and they should have been incorporated by now, I hope.
>
> In any case, as far as I can tell these problems are being hit before any
> tar/gzip:ing takes places. The backend has listed the available failes and it
> has been parsed into a collection, but somehow the internal supposedly
> complete list of backups chains is empty.

I tried to:

% cvs -z3 -
d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/duplicity co
duplicity
cvs checkout: Updating duplicity
[...]
cvs checkout: closing down connection to cvs.savannah.nongnu.org: No
such file or directory

And then I'm lost: there is no Makefile and the setup.py in dist
errors with "package directory 'src' does not exist".

Thorsten
--
"I'm a vet. I'm a pro. Hell, I been here /eight months/."
--  Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, "Welcome to the Internet helpdesk"