Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: First restore failing

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: First restore failing
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 19:11:31 +0100

> Sample from rsync.net
> <D:href>/testdup/duplicity-full.2008-03-02T15:03:19-06:00.vol1.difftar.gpg<
>/D:href>
>
> Sample from your host
> <D:href>https://server/backup/duplicity-full.2008-02-27T16%3A54%3A29Z.manif
>est</D:href>
>
> I'm not sure the XML parser we use is compatible with %3A expansion.

FWIW, I believe this should be supported based on reading the code. That was
my first thought, but it is doing an urllib.unquote(), which handles that.

However, the matching code in the webdav backend definitely assumes that the
file urls will be host-relative; that is, that they start with the directory:

if filename.startswith(self.directory):
  filename = filename.replace(self.directory,'',1)
  result.append(filename)

This is almost certainly the problem.

Is anyone familiar enough with WebDAV to say off the top of your head what the
correct interpretation is here? It should not be a huge problem to add
support for absolute URL:s, but it would help to have some background on the
protocol.

Obviously one can just read up on it; I haven't yet, but just wanted to send
off the note that the above seems to be the problem.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to address@hidden