dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DRU-500A

From: Jay Berkenbilt
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DRU-500A
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 10:31:55 -0500

>   Last time I tried it didn't work. For DVD+R(W) I've used dvd+rw-tools
>
>   http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW
>
>   New version (supposedly coming soon) should support DVD-R(W)s too.

Actually, the new version is supposed to support DVD-RW in packet
mode.  It is not supposed to support DVD-R.  I don't know the details,
but there are apparently two different ways of writing DVD-RW: one
that is like how you write DVD-R, which is what
cdrecord-prodvd/dvdrecord does, and another which is more like the way
DVD+RW and DVD+R are written, which is what dvd+rwtools will do.
DVD-R can't be written in this fashion.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <address@hidden>
http://www.ql.org/q/