dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] DRU-500A

From: Jeffrey A. Zelt
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] DRU-500A
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 09:30:16 +0100

I have had the role of resident Linux "expert" thrust upon me at our
company.  In reality I have barely been able to keep my head above water.

I have been given the task of getting a Sony DRU-500A unit to burn and
re-write DVD's with RedHat Linux 7.3.  I have three questions:

1. Does anyone know if the Sony DRU-500A is supported by Dvdrtools for
writing and re-writing DVD disks under RedHat 7.3?

2.  If the first answer was yes, then how can this be done?  Please don't
ask me to compile a driver or kernel unless you give me complete
instructions.  I can follow instructions as well as anyone, so feel free
to just point me to a URL if all the info is there.  If not, I would
appreciate it if someone would outline the details of how to set up
support for a Sony DRU-500A under RedHat Linux 7.3.

3.  Is there a *better* way to support a Sony DRU-500A than Dvdrtools?  If
so, how? (OK, *four* questions)

Many thanks in advance to any brave individual who is prepared to take on
this request.  If this request is not appropriate for this list, please
tell me (politely).

Jeff