dvipng

[Dvipng] Higher quality (smooth) PNGs?

From: U Avalos
Subject: [Dvipng] Higher quality (smooth) PNGs?
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:26:37 -0400

Hi all. I am creating a hi-quality PDF by using Princexml to convert an HTML
file (w/ LaTeX fragments) to a PDF. However, while the quality of the LaTex
fragments created with dvipng look good on the computer screen, they do not
*print* well. I tried increasing the output resolution (D switch). However, all
that does is increase the pixel count---the images still appear pixelated and
not smooth.

Is there a way to make the images more smooth? I tried using the Q switch (-Q 1
and -Q 10) but that doesn't seem to do anything. I'm using dvipng 1.12.

Perhaps I should be using something else to create the LaTeX images?

--Uriel