dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] Higher quality (smooth) PNGs?

From: U Avalos
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] Higher quality (smooth) PNGs?
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:21:01 -0400

Thanks for the reply.

However, I'm not really a LaTeX person. How would I go about making PDF
fragments?

FYI, I'm in an emacs environment---I type in org-mode (a text file, basically),
then emacs takes care of exporting embedded LaTeX fragments to PNGs (using a
hack of the preview-latex package, I believe).

Also, FYI. Just a hunch but it appears that dvipng may now be used for other
purposes other than quick-and-dirty previews in emacs. (Ex: dvipng's own
webpage says that it's used in wikipedia). It may be time to add an option for
smooth images... or maybe another program can easily provide the same
functionality...