Re: [emacs-bidi] Points composition - status.

From: Yair Friedman (Jerusalem)
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Points composition - status.
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:05:50 +0200

> Btw, Yair: is it true that you use the hebrew-iso8859-8 character set
> to insert diacriticals?  If so, how do you succeed in displaying
> them?  IIRC, the iso8859-8 character set doesn't define diacriticals
> at all.

I use the "future" 8859-8 (Which will probably have other number
anyway).  The exact name is SI1311-2 which is an extension of iso8859-8
to include diacriticals and bidi marks.

00-A0 same as 8859-8
A1-D4 are U+0591-U+05C4
D5-DA,DE-DF are unknown to me (I'm still waiting for info about these).
DB-DD are LRO,RLO and PDF.
E0-FA same as 8859-8
FB-FE are LRE, RLE, LRM, RLM.

As this is just "A proof of concept" I'm too lazy to create another
coding system in Emacs - especially as I have no idea on who fonts will
interact with that system. I don't know who to create a new font coding
as well.

These things will be resolved, and everything I do also applies to
Unicode as well.