Re: [emacs-bidi] Callbacks?

From: Gregg Reynolds
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Callbacks?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:59:27 -0600

Martin Duerst wrote:
At the last Internationalization and Unicode Conference,
I presented a paper that looked at the problems of displaying
(X)HTML or XML with bidi text.
(http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2005/pub/IUC28-bidi/IUC28.html,
see also http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2005/pub/IUC28-bidi/
for more pointers)

An implementation technique I'd like to see is to simply use background color to indicate which weakly-directional characters in a bidi string have been reordered by the algorithm. That way if I see e.g. >" with the "reordered-background-color" I can either do the rearrangement in my head or add a direction override.

-g