Re: [emacs-bidi] missing fonts for bidi Emacs on cygwin

From: Martin J. Dürst
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] missing fonts for bidi Emacs on cygwin
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:45:23 +0900

In the meantime, I have added all the Cygwin font packages that I possibly could. The situation improved. Arabic letters are now shown, in the right RTL order. But they are not connected. Hindi (i.e. Devanagari) seems to have similar problems.

On the other hand, these work fine in the Windows version. The only problem that I found in the Windows version is that U+30FC (Katakana length mark) doesn't show (it's just a box with the number 30FC), even though the rest of Japanese works well.

Regards,   Martin.