Re: [emacs-bidi] missing fonts for bidi Emacs on cygwin

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] missing fonts for bidi Emacs on cygwin
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:42:42 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "Martin J. Dürst" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2011/10/11 17:11, Kenichi Handa wrote:
> > In article<address@hidden>, "Martin J. Dürst"<address@hidden>  writes:
> >
>>> Currently working on this. Here are some additional comments:
> >
> > Thank you!  I've never tested m17n-lib, etc, on Cygwin and
> > thus there may be many problems that have not yet been
> > found.  I'll at first install Cygwin on my Windows machine,
> > check m17n-lib, etc, and get back to you.

> Have you made any progress on this?

No, sorry.  It seems that generating a loadable module on
Cygwin requires some trick on using libtool.  I googled
several pages, but at the moment, no solution presented on
the pages work.  :-(

> Anything I can do to help?

Don't you know any small example source package that uses
libtool to generate a loadable module on Cygwin?

> One more point: In the menus, there is some inconsistency between
> "Multilingual Environment" (without hyphen) and
> "Show Multi-lingual Text" (with hyphen).

Thank you.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden