scroll-bar dithering?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: scroll-bar dithering?
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:24:42 +0900 (JST)

When I use scroll-bar-mode on my work machine, the sides of the
scroll-bar are *always* dithered, even though I'm using a 24-bit display
[emacs is configured for toolkit-scroll-bars, and xaw3d].

I can't for the life of me figure out why -- on my home machine, the
scroll-bar is never dithered, and looks great, but they're almost the
same system, same kernel, X server, libraries, emacs configuration,
everything.

Unfortunately, it looks  quite bad, especially compared to the nice
smooth look of the rest of emacs...

Can anyone think of why it would be doing this?  Does it happen for
anyone else on a 24-bit color display?

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche