Re: scroll-bar dithering?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: scroll-bar dithering?
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:59:37 +0900 (JST)

I wrote:
> In particular, if I have beNiceToColormap==false, and turn on
> scroll-bars, the scroll-bar highlights/shadow turn very bizarre colors
> (like lime-green).

I find I can avoid this (still on my 8-bit display) by explicitly
setting `topShadowPixel' and `bottomShadowPixel' resources.

So emacs could just do the shadow color allocation for the scroll-bar
itself (it already does this for the scroll-bar fg/bg colors, so the
code should be very simple), since it can do a better job of it.  This
is also good because the same highlight color calculation routines can
be used as other 3d objects in emacs, so the resulting colors will look
more consistent.

-Miles