Re: tool-tip default

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: tool-tip default
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:12:01 -0500 (EST)

    RJC> The /etc/emacs/site-start.el file and the contents of the
    RJC> /etc/emacs/site-start.d/ directory are both installed
    RJC> autmatically when Emacs is installed

   You are using a Debian system with a packaged Emacs, and I claim my
   £5!  Various bets are off.  That stuff isn't installed if you build a
   straight GNU distribution.

   [The worst thing about this is that there's no indication that you're
   getting a more-or-less hacked-up Emacs (GPL notwithstanding) and no
   user doc as far as I know about what's entailed.  ....

Yes, I agree this is bad.  I don't like it.

I make lots of changes myself that I know about; but I also like to be
able to run a truly vanilla Emacs using `emacs -q' to see what the
defaults are.

(I am one of those people who would like to drop ~/.Xresources, so
everything is in my .emacs.  I don't like site files either.  I forget
they exist.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com