Re: --program-suffix

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: --program-suffix
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:15:28 +0100

   From: Michael Welsh Duggan <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:19:18 -0500

   > > I have my own opinion: remove this link at all and have only one
   > > GNUecams21. Is there any reason to still have this link?
   >
   > I use this link to maintain several simultaneous emacs binaries.  The
   > one linked to "emacs" is the default one, but the others are still
   > accessable.

Yes, this is possible solution NOW. But we are talking about future. You
will have the power of --program-prefix and --program-suffix (end
even --program-transform-name) in your hands... Now you still must handle
the settings of `emacs' link by hand.
--
Pavel Janík

So calm down guys. And improving the benchmark might not be a bad idea.
                  -- Linus Torvalds in linux-kernel