Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: More keybindings in compilation-mode-map
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:21:21 +0200

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:12:59 +0100, address@hidden (Kai Grossjohann) wrote:

> IMHO, it would be useful to have some keybindings in
> compilation-mode-map, such as:
>
> [list of functions]
>
> Do you think this is in principle a good idea?  If you think so, I
> can show you a patch then you can tell me what needs to be changed.

I think it is good idea and I would add 2 functions:

(defun compile-send-to-process (&optional str nl)
  "Send STR (string) to process associated with this buffer.
If 2nd optional parameter NL is non nil, append \\n to the string."

(defun compile-send-to-process-nl (&optional str)
  "Send STR (string) with \\n appended to process associated with this buffer."
  (interactive)
       (compile-send-to-process str 'NEW-LINE))    ;; send with new line

I added these functions after requests from my users to be able to
react to anything in the compilation (e.g. sending confirmation to rm).

BTW. 1. Some of your suggestions are already there (M-p/M-n do
        previous/next error, RET / C-c C-c do compile-goto-error)
     2. This need to be added to all compilation mode maps.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign