Re: URL syntax (was: Re: Tramp, "[]" in file names, and file-expand-wild

From: William M. Perry
Subject: Re: URL syntax (was: Re: Tramp, "[]" in file names, and file-expand-wildcards)
Date: 27 Nov 2001 08:12:07 -0500

Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (William M. Perry) writes:
>
> > I just checked in a bunch of changes over the weekend that fix a lot of
> > the HTTP/1.1 problems people were seeing, and just now checked in some
> > code to fix errors in the url-handlers file.  After calling
> > (url-setup-file-name-handlers) manually, I could do C-x C-v
> > http://www.gnu.org/ and it did the right thing.
>
> Do you have an estimate of what work would needed to be done in order to
> use it by default in Emacs?

Well, it worked ok for most of my testing, but there was a strange error in
gnus after a while.  Not sure if that was the file-name-handlers or not.
What I'd need is a few people (heavy users) who would want to turn this
code on and run for a day or so and see if any conflicts show up.

I'm going to run with it today and see what I can find.

-bp
--
Ceterum censeo vi esse delendam