Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:32:45 +0200 (IST)

On 11 Dec 2001, Dave Love wrote:

> I'm interested in the characters; I may not even have been able to
> display them at the time -- I don't remember.
>
>  > I think it actually could be confusing the way it is now: someone
>  > who uses a TeX-like input method will most probably type scientific
>  > text, not Hebrew text.  That someone will not expect Hebrew
>  > characters in their text instead of mathematical symbols.
>
> I produced the translations, I used them, I got confused.

Well, could you recall what confused you?

If the problem was that the font didn't include the glyphs for those
characters, then I think the solution should be via display tables or
something similar, something which won't affect the character codes in
the buffer and in the file where you save the text.

> I already suggested a clear alternative if anyone cares.

Sorry, I don't know to what alternative are you referring.  Could you
please suggest it again?