Re: Emacs appears to hang

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Emacs appears to hang
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:56:28 +0000 (UTC)

Today's CVS snapshot, Thu, 2002 Jul 18  11:4 UTC,
GNU Emacs 21.3.50.113 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
with patch to xdisp.c from address@hidden (Kim F. Storm)
and a 143,044 byte .emacs file that likely also changes Emacs.

Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> writes

   I don't know, but the other problem is still there. The effect in
   my emacs is that sometimes scrolling paints each line immediately
   followed by the following one, ....

I just spent several hours of heavy editing while using using the new
patch and have not seen the problem that Lektu mentions.  Emacs has
been working fine for me.

   > However, I don't know if [the patch] breaks the intention of
   > Richard's recent fix ...

Neither do I.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden