Re: *Occur in buf*?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: *Occur in buf*?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:54:58 -0600 (MDT)

    > I know, but the idea was to rename the occur buffer automatically to
    > include the name of the original buffer.  E.g. *Occur: xdisp.c* .

    TRT, IMO, is to make `generate-new-buffer-name' mode-specific.
    E.g., have a buffer-local variable 'uniquify-buffer-name' or a similar
    property of the major-mode name, which would hold a mode-specific
    function which is to be run in the buffer being renamed.

This could be a reasonable idea.  Do people agree that there
is a particular "right" behavior for any given mode?