Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Bill White
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:58:34 -0500

On Fri Aug 23 2002 at 11:33, Alan Shutko <address@hidden> said:

> Personally, I think that the global-mode-string information is more
> important to me than the modes, and this new change is exactly
> opposite my priorities.  I think that most people would probably
> agree with me.  Can we have a survey of some sort to decide whether
> to keep this change?  (Right now, I yanked the entire mode-line
> setup out of the old bindings.el, but that means I lose out on
> actual improvements.)

I'm with Alan.  Since time immemorial (or, like, 1992) I've looked at
one place on the screen to get the time and date.  Now it's way over
there somewhere, if I'm lucky and haven't done C-x 3.

bw
--
Bill White                                               Office: 5N-X30
Documentation Programmer                      Phone: 217-398-0700 x 234