Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:47:18 +0200

   > If we want to make life easier for newbies, for example, F2 and F3 are
   > traditionally used to open a file (find-file) and save it (save-buffer),
   > and F4 to select a block (set-mark-command).

   traditionally in what environment?

In simple text editors that do not have emacs-like key bindings.  It's a
usage that comes from the editors of the eighties on DOS machines.

However, I'm not advocating standard bindings like these.  I mean that,
if one wants to write a package for newbies, or configure an Emacs for
newbies, they could choose bindings such as those.  It was just an
example of a possible natural usage of those keys.