Emacs manual desribes keyboard macros in the wrong section.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Emacs manual desribes keyboard macros in the wrong section.
Date: 26 Feb 2003 17:32:59 +0100

The keyboard macro feature is currently described under customizations
(in custom.texi), but IMO keyboard macros are not customizations
(unless you name them etc. which I believe is not the typical use of
keyboard macros).  In my experience, the typical use of keyboard
macros is for doing repeated editing similar to "search and replace".

Therefore, I suggest moving the section on keyboard macro feature into
a separate chapter after the three chapters: "Searching and
Replacement", "Replacement Commands", and "Commands for Fixing Typos",
as yet another (generic and powerful) way of doing "mass editing".

I'm currently working on documenting the enhanced kmacro commands
(ready in 1-2 weeks), and the text will grow quite a lot compared to
the current text.  This could also indicate that a separate chapter
on the topic would be better.

WDYT?