Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation -- first major patch committed.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation -- first major patch committed.
Date: 16 Mar 2003 23:00:16 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> As you may have seen on emacs-devel, I'm in the process of
> consolidating the various ports of CVS emacs for X, W32, and MAC.

I have just committed a fairly big set of changes primarily to
xdisp.c, xterm.c, w32term.c, and macterm.c to consolidate the
gui-independent parts of the "glyph string" processing.

I have only been able to test this on X (under GNU/Linux), so there
may be some problems compiling (and running) the consolidated code on
W32 and MAC.  Please report any problems to me (unless you can fix
them yourself).

More consolidation patches will following in the coming days/weeks.