Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation -- first major patch committed.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation -- first major patch committed.
Date: 16 Mar 2003 22:27:58 +0000

As part of your changes, you introduced the following function:

  static void
  w32_get_glyph_overhangs (glyph, f, left, right)
       struct glyph *glyph;
       struct frame *f;
       int *left, *right;
  {
    HDC hdc = get_frame_dc (f);
    /* Convert to unicode! */
    x_get_glyph_overhangs (glyph, f, left, right);
    release_frame_dc (f, hdc);
  }

What does the comment "Convert to unicode!" mean?  Is there work
required to properly convert this to Windows? If that is the case, I
don't know when I would get time to look at it, and it will probably
get forgotten. It would be better to revert that part of the change.

As it is, the function is not needed. Since hdc is never used, there
is no point retrieving and releasing it. So we might as well use
x_get_glyph_overhangs directly.