Re: Issues with Windows gcc -mno-cygwin (Mingw)

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Issues with Windows gcc -mno-cygwin (Mingw)
Date: 20 Mar 2003 00:36:08 +0100

Hi Jason,

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
> Ultimately cygwin should fix their port of make to pass paths that
> Windows programs expect,

I thought that the option --win32 that is supported by Cygwin helps,
but it doesn't.  In addition the Emacs Makefiles don't work in that
mode, they somehow depend on --unix (the opposite option).  If the
Emacs Makefiles would work in --win32 mode, that mode could probably
be changed to use a Windows style path for CURDIR, I would think that
using Cygwin paths in --win32 mode is a bug.

At the moment that option seems like more work than I would want to
handle.

> but if you would like to work on a conditional that does not break
> the build with mingw32 versions of make or when older versions of
> cygpath are installed, go ahead.

I'll see what I can do.

> I don't understand what problem this is fixing. Can you explain some
> more?

See my reply to Eli.

so long, benny