Re: skeleton.el _ versus @, a new patch

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: skeleton.el _ versus @, a new patch
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:50:28 -0400

    The behavior I propose adds a new character whose only purpose is to
    provide an alternate method to set skeleton-point without interacting
    with regions at all.  Therefore, the proposal I have made will set
    skeleton-point to the first occurrence of either - or _ while preserving
    the original semantics of both @ and _ otherwise.

It seems logical.  Are there skeletons that use - that might break
with this change?  (Is it meaningful to use - in a skeleton now?  Is
that an error?)