Re: windows-1251 language environment

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: windows-1251 language environment
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 00:51:13 -0400

Inheritance of language environments could be a useful idea,
but I am not sure how much it would save.  Consider this one:

    (set-language-info-alist
     "French" '((tutorial . "TUTORIAL.fr")
                (charset ascii latin-iso8859-1)
                (coding-system iso-latin-1 iso-latin-9)
                (coding-priority iso-latin-1)
                (nonascii-translation . latin-iso8859-1)
                (unibyte-syntax . "latin-1")
                (unibyte-display . iso-latin-1)
                (input-method . "latin-1-prefix")
                (sample-text . "French (Français)       Bonjour, Salut")
                (documentation . "\
    This language environment is almost the same as Latin-1,
    but it selects the French tutorial and input method."))
     '("European"))

We could make it shorter using inheritance, but it is already pretty
short; is it really worth while making it any shorter?