Re: windows-1251 language environment

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: windows-1251 language environment
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:40:13 +0100

> Is it useful enough to warrant spending time writing it and debugging
> it, and spend time and paper documenting it?  We could do other things
> instead.

Apart from making `language' settings interact well with the locale
charset, another thing that needs to be done in this area is
customizing fontsets conveniently and making the default font usage
sensible for the locale.  E.g. users presumably want to favour a
windows-1251 font for all characters it can encode when the locale
uses windows-1251 (although in that case it isn't a standard X
encoding, and I don't know if any X fonts use it).

I ran into problems related to normal face customization when I worked
on it, and I don't think they got fixed.