Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME-related bug
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:21:19 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: 16 Oct 2003 12:54:24 -0400
>
> Why do people even consider doing any processing at that point?

Because doing that when the user wants to display a message means that
(a) displaying a message will be slow, and (b) you will need to do
this kind of processing every time you display a message.  In
contrast, the current design of RMAIL does the processing only once
for each message.

> any other option will make you lose information at some point and
> also forces you to have code to re-create the original format

The question is, do we care that we lose information, and do we need
to recreate the original format?  That's exactly what I was asking
Alexander to explain.