Re: Proposal: emacs -Q option

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Proposal: emacs -Q option
Date: 05 Feb 2004 09:57:51 -0500

Obviously there are two issues:
1 - Get reproducible bug reports that do not depend on the user's settings.
    For this we need something like --pristine (aka --vanilla in XEmacs)
    which ignores startup files and Xresources.
2 - Reduce the amount of code involved when debugging things like
    display bugs.  For this we need something like --stipped-down
    or --minimal or whatever you want to call it.
    Additionally to tool-bar and stuff, it could also turn off
    jit-lock-mode and maybe a few others (jit-lock makes font-lock
    related debugging harder).

I guess --minimal should imply --vanilla.

        Stefan