Re: display word wrapping

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:52:44 +0200

On 03 Jun 2004 14:04:03 +0200
address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

> You could modify image-type-available-p to do it on the fly:

> (defun image-type-available-p (type)
>   "Value is non-nil if image type TYPE is available.
> Image types are symbols like `xbm' or `jpeg'."
>   (when (and (boundp 'image-library-alist) image-library-alist)
>      (init-image-libraries image-library-alist)
>      (setq image-library-alist nil))
>   (and (boundp 'image-types) (not (null (memq type image-types)))))

Good idea.

> The above patch guards against that to some extent, but explicitly skipping
> those elements which are already in image-types is a good thing.

It's already implemented.  With my current patch (not included) you can
change image-library-alist and call init-image-libraries and it only
loads (and adds to Vimage_types, etc.) the newly loaded libraries (if
any).

> As you see, I also changed the variable to image-library-alist -- there's
> no need to emphasize that this is w32 specific (other systems may need it
> later).

Ok, but then:

> Finally, I propose to specify the alist as arg to init-image-libraries;
> there's no need to "pollute" the C code with a Vw32_image_libraries_alist
> variable.

why that? It would seem logical to just define Vimage_library_alist on
image.c and make init-image-libraries to use it.  term/w32-win.el would
set up Vimage_library_alist for Windows, and other modes could do it in
their respective term/*.el config files if, or when, delayed loading is
implemented for these systems.

If there's just one variable, there's no need to pass it as argument,
unless you're interested in the flexibility of passing
init-image-libraries arbitrary alists; that seems like a long shot,
though.

                                                                Juanma