Re: Gnus 5.10 is now on the trunk

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gnus 5.10 is now on the trunk
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:43:34 -0400

    Do you plan to sync further changes from Gnus v5-10 branch to the
    trunk (semi-) automatically via arch?

I see no need to continue installing any changes in the Emacs branch
for Gnus v5-10.  Now that the latest Gnus is installed in the Emacs
trunk, any further Gnus changes ought to be installed directly in the
Emacs trunk.  The branch has served its purpose.

Or perhaps have I misunderstood your question?

Miles wrote:

    I wonder about merging future Emacs Gnus changes into the Gnus
    tree though -- is there a plan for handling this?  Since they're
    fairly rare it would be nice to have a policy in place to avoid
    the mess of the previous merge.

Can someone who works on Gnus development undertake this
responsibility?