Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:55:49 -0400

    If I do search&replace on text that is in a run-in paragraph, I don't
    want to cater for CR and multiple spaces that are just added for the
    sake of appearance.

This is a good point.  However, it wouldn't be hard to make search
overcome this.  So we have to weigh the number of commands for which
we want to disregard the soft newlines, against the number of commands
for which would look at the newlines.  I think the former will be few
and the latter many, but if someone can demonstrate it is the other way,
you could change my mind.