Re: Tooltip pops up when moving mouse

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Tooltip pops up when moving mouse
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:12:46 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan D." <address@hidden>

> >You can (perhaps) see another version of this problem if you slowly move
the
> >mouse over a link. The tooltip pops up and immediately disappears again.
> >
> >That I am seeing this problem may depend on both that I have a slow pc
and
> >that I am using w32. I believe it is a thread issue. Mouse movements are
> >detected by the UI thread, but I believe that the lisp timer for the
tooltip
> >popup runs in the lisp thread. I do not know if the problem is there on X
> >Windows as well but I would believe it.
> >

> It is not.

Thanks. Then I must say I do not understand how this works. As far as I see
for this to work reliably tooltip.el:tooltip-start-delayed-tip must record
the mouse position (because if the mouse has moved when the timer fires the
tooltip should not be shown). However it does not.

Could someone please try to explain this to me? Am I missing something here?