Re: Possible change to startup.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Possible change to startup.el
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:20:15 -0400

    > The interface that has been proposed is defined so as to make
    > complete informatoin available about what is or isn't supported.
    > That makes it so complex to implement--to complex to be considered
    > for now, and undesirable even for later.

    I can't quite see why having complete information about what is or
    isn't supported would be undesirable for later.

You misunderstood what I said.  I did not say the feature was
undesirable, I said the complexity to implement it was undesirable.

      It seems reasonable to
    solve this task once, within Emacs.

I hope to avoid solving it ever, if possible.