Re: Gnus not escaping NBSP and soft-hyphen

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Gnus not escaping NBSP and soft-hyphen
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:30:07 -0400

>> I don't know if it is a bug or a feature,

It's a feature.  I couldn't stand reading the NBSP-escaping in some French
articles where half the spaces are NBSP.  NBSP-escaping is good in
prog-lang buffers, not in Gnus's artcle buffer.

>> I'd say it makes perfect sense to not escape special characters in text
>> meant to be read and hardly ever edited.

> Yes, that would be nice, but it doesn't seem to be case today.  Those
> special characters are escaped in Help buffers, and in Gnus Summary ...

Indeed the feature has not been included in Help buffers and Gnus summary
yet.  Mostly because I've never bumped into an NBSP in a Help buffer or in
a Gnus summary.

        Stefan