Re: New speedbar version

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: New speedbar version
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:10:51 -0400

      The ChangeLog entry is:

            * speedbar.el: New version 1.0pre3.

    If this is deemed reasonable behaviour then its probably not worth debating
    the issue.

We have been waiting for a long time to be able to update Speedbar,
and I am glad it has finally been done.  However, that change log entry
is not adequate.  The change log entry has to describe the changes,
and stating a version number conveys no information about them.
I asked people to put in a clear itemized change log for this change.

I asked the people who worked on this to provide an itemized change
log.