Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:42:41 -0600

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
>> However, this gave me a good idea: `C-x M-#', i.e. the current `M-#'
>> remains unchanged, but with the initial `C-x'.
>
> What's good about that?  It is really contorted.

It preserves some continuity with the old keybinding, which is
nice.  But since I'm not the only person who thinks it's a bit
awkward, something else might be in order.
My best thought right now is `C-xC-,'.  Nothing particularly mnemonic
about it, but it seems off the beaten track enough that it might be
acceptable, and since `,' doesn't require a shift on any keyboards
that I've seen, this key sequence only requires the control key.
Unless there are problems with this or somebody has a better idea,
I'll suggest it.

Jay