Re: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:43:35 -0500

    This subroutine is basically what we need.

    (defun custom-set-theme-variable (theme symbol value)
      "Record variable SYMBOL as being set by custom theme THEME, and set it to
VALUE."
      (custom-push-theme 'theme-value symbol 'user 'set value)
      (funcall (or (get symbol 'custom-set) 'set-default)
               symbol (eval value)))

I thought we were talking about a function to test whether SYMBOL's
value comes either from the default or a theme.  You've written a
subroutine to set a theme value.  Maybe that's useful too, but it
isn't the subroutine I was talking about.