Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:41:05 +0100

On 1/30/06, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> Maybe the rationale was that the CVS tree was getting a little too
> stable ;-)

Perhaps, but, it was? Really?

I come back after a few months hiatus, fire up Emacs... and I
immediately stumble upon three or four problems (mostly small, but
problems nonetheless):

  - My modeline does not look right (apparently some new mode-line
faces were introduced)
  - With cua-mode, I suddenly can not force `transient-mark-mode' to
stay nil (I'm still investigating that one)
 - On my configuration at home, font-locked text with a bold face seem
to be being "shaved" a few pixels on the right (so the last char of
the string, keyword, etc. looks weird)
  - I got warnings on loading .emacs.el because bindings for [home]
and [end] have changed...

I would've expected to start Emacs and find nothing changed, other
than a few bugs missing...

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u