Re: gnus / message-send-mail-with-mailclient [patch]

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: gnus / message-send-mail-with-mailclient [patch]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:39:27 +0000

On 16 Mar 2006, at 21:27, Reiner Steib wrote:

 `message.el' is supposed to work with Emacs 21 as well.  Do you know
whether `mailclient.el' works with Emacs 21?

I just tried it and it worked fine. (I don't know about the custom- reevaluate-settings business - but that's only needed when autoloaded, i.e. when it comes with the distribution.)

The patch below fixes the problem analogous to what has been done in
the `sendmail' package.

Your patch contains several unrelated changes (make-frame-visible),
wrapped lines and mixed context/unified hunks which makes is hard to
read and to apply.

Sorry, the other changes slipped in.

How about the attached patch.  It includes some additional checks
(partly taken from `message.el' in the development version of Gnus).

Looks good to me, except...

I'm not sure (and I can't test) if
  (custom-reevaluate-setting 'message-send-mail-function)
in `startup.el' is necessary.

Yes, that is needed because `window-system' is only meaningful at runtime.