Re: Emacs unconditionally loads tramp.el

From: Oscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Emacs unconditionally loads tramp.el
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:18:55 +0200

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

>> There are "plink" methods for working with PuTTY's command-line
>> terminal. I think Cygwin's ssh port expects to be run from an
>> interactive Cygwin bash shell, so doesn't work well under Emacs.
>>
> Are there a good description somewhere?

I found one that was good enough for me, but can't remember where.

In short, you need to install the PuTTY package and put it on your
PATH, so Emacs can run plink.exe. Second, you evaluate this:

(setq tramp-default-method "plink")

and you are done.

And yes, tramp is great but so slow that I use it less than I'll like
to.

--
Oscar