Re: gdb call with core

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdb call with core
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 18:59:50 +1200

 > It's pretty easy to do M-x cd before doing M-x gdb (and it's not much more
 > typing since the extra dir you type in M-x cd is saved in the M-x gdb step)
 > if that's what you want, so I'd rather get rid of this annoying
 > `auto-cd' behavior of GUD.

In that case, if you just did M-x gdb, which most people would, you would start
in default-directory which can be fairly unintuitive at times, e.g
/usr/share/info if you are viewing Info.  The GDB manual also describes the
current behaviour so that would need to be updated.  Despite its faults, people
are used to the current bahaviour and I think you would get more complaints by
changing it.